Painting with Romel De La Torre and Timothy Tyler
This is truly an exceptional opportunity to study with two award winning signature artists and learn from both of them. This is an 11-day stay at the château.
In this workshop you will paint from life, on the château’s estate and out amid the fields and ancient villages of Provence, capturing the light and colors of both figures and the landscape. We will walk in the footsteps of Vincent Van Gogh and observe the land that is so intimately connected to his work. Working with models, students will be pushed to perceive anew as they gain speed and accuracy along with confidence in one of the world’s fabled places, steeped in history and alluring culture. Color, edges, composition and rudiments will be stressed so as to allow the artists total unmitigated power and range as we each depict our individual expressions. The language of painting will be taught. There will be a focus on use of color, drawing skills, value relationships, edges and capturing the feeling of light. The workshop is designed to create a relaxed, friendly, informative yet productive painting environment.
The instructors will demo, coach and are available to critique. You will learn from both. Expect plenty of individual attention. All levels are welcome.
The château workshop is a wonderful balance of creating art, eating and drinking and making new friends.
Other activities include wine tasting, exploring the poppy fields, seeing some of the most breath-taking villages of Provence, some retail therapy at the best Provencal markets and visiting St Remy to walk in Van Gogh’s footsteps. More about the château here. Frequently asked questions are here. Plenty to do for non-painting partners.
Spaces are limited. Reserve your place now.
This Workshop Includes:
- 11 days of artistic immersion.
- Two internationally renowned artists instructing.
- All Inclusive Rate: Tuition, fine food, wine, accommodation and ground transportation with one lunch and one dinner at own expense.
- Paint, sketch and enjoy the good life in beautiful European surroundings.
- Daily painting locations: private vineyards, charming villages, markets (more painting and excursion locations varied upon location of workshop).
- Balanced itinerary of painting, exploring and relaxation for artists of all media – all levels!
- Learn, live and paint side-by-side with artists.
- Plenty to do for non-painting partners!