Chateau Art Retreat - Provence September 1 - 10, 2022
Glorious Provence - Painting with Like-minded Artists
Paintings are Everywhere
Wine Tasting in the Côtes du Rhônes
10-Day Château Retreat for Artists near Avignon, Provence
September 1 – 10, 2022 Glorious Provence
We are returning to our historic château estate located East of Avignon for this wonderful art retreat. This château has been perched on top of the village in one form or another since the 600s. The estate is beyond charming with the arched entrance, ancient walls, terraces opening to incredible views across the Luberon valley and a splendid swimming pool. You can see images of it here.
Dinners, transportation and accommodations are included. You will visit the grounds where Van Gogh lived for almost a year and paint where he painted. Explore parts of this remarkable region that was founded during Roman times. Now a culturally thriving agricultural paradise. When you see the quality of light you understand why several of the Impressionists lived and worked in this region. .
September is the wine harvest (Le Vendange) and we will explore private vineyards, with special permission to paint there. Be prepared to taste the best of Provence’s bounty and be inspired for life.
Every day has a unique destination to sketch and paint – while also taking time to stop, explore and meet the locals. Your itinerary includes visits to local markets, vineyards and breathtaking hilltop villages. All locations have access to our vehicles, materials and cafes. Bring your camera, because you will be truly inspired by the surroundings and want to snap references to paint later.
After dining at the château we take up various painting related topics for discussion and demos. Although the workshop is not instructed – painting side-by-side with fellow artists provides growth, new skills and new friendships. Wonderful guests from across the world have joined this workshop, including painters, photographers, writers and sculptors.
Price (when paid in full) is based on double-occupancy. Single rooms are available. Airfare not included. Discounts available for spouses or partners (painting or non-painting). A $700 deposit is required to hold your space.
This Workshop Includes:
- 10 days of artistic immersion.
- All Inclusive: Fine food, wine, accommodation and ground transportation with one lunch and one dinner at your own expense.
- Paint, sketch and enjoy the good life in beautiful European surroundings.
- Daily painting locations: Private vineyards with wine tasting, Les Baux and St Remy, charming villages, markets, paint and picnique under the trees at the estate of a fig grower.
- Balanced itinerary of painting, exploring and relaxation for artists of all media – all skill levels!
- Learn, live and paint side-by-side with artists.
- Uninstructed workshop. Mentoring available.
- Plenty to do for non-painting partners!