The color - the fragrance - the views - Provence in Lavender Season
Lavender Season Provence
Dreams do come true - I'm painting in Provence
10 Day Château Retreat for Artists near Avignon
June 9 – 18, 2022 & June 4-12, 2023
Our June retreat is located between the Luberon mountains and the Mediterranean. It is a wonderful opportunity to paint with other artists and spend 10 idyllic days in the South of France. All while surrounded in the natural beauty and bounty of Provence in Lavender Season.
The estate is only a half an hour from Avignon and sits atop a medieval village which it defended in the past. The Château commands stunning views of the Luberon Valley.
Avignon is a world heritage site. It is surrounded by many historical landmarks with an artistic connection. We will visit Saint Rémy de Provence and visit van Gogh’s home where he lived for just over a year. We will walk in his footsteps, paint what he painted and see what he saw. We also visit the medieval city of Les Baux and the spectacular audiovisual tribute to artists at Les Carrières des Lumières.
Your itinerary includes markets, vineyards and visits to breathtaking hilltop villages. We’ve chosen locations where we have access to our vehicles, materials and cafés. Bring your camera because you will be truly inspired by your surroundings and want to snap references to paint later.
After dining together in the great room, we take up various painting-related topics for discussion and demos. Although the workshop is not instructed, when painting side-by-side with other artists, you’ll leave the retreat with stronger skills and lifelong connections. Wonderful guests from across the world have joined us for Workshops in France, including painters, photographers, writers, and a sculptor. Hear what they had to say about their experience.
Price is $4,400, based on double occupancy. Single rooms are available. Airfare is not included. Discounts available for spouses or partners (painting or non-painting.)
Have questions about Workshops in France? We have answers on our Frequently Asked Questions.
In 2022, this Workshop Includes:
- 10 days of artistic immersion.
- All Inclusive: Fine food, wine, accommodation and ground transportation with one lunch and one dinner at your own expense.
- Airport pickup and dropoff available.
- Paint, sketch and enjoy the good life in beautiful European surroundings.
- Daily painting locations: Private vineyards with wine tasting, fishing ports and seaside villages on the Mediterranean, charming villages, markets and lavender-filled views.
- Balanced itinerary of painting, exploring and relaxation for artists of all media – all skill levels!
- Learn, live and paint side-by-side with artists.
- Uninstructed workshop. Mentoring Available.
- Bring a friend! Discounts for spouse/partner/friends.
- Plenty to do for non-painting partners!