Noted Instructors at Workshops In France
See Art Being Created Here
Connect and Learn from New Friends
Painting in Van Gogh's footsteps at St. Rémy
These villages are designated the most beautiful in France
Art Retreats: Glorious Provence, Tuscany, Lavender Season. Scotland.
Experience the Joys of Painting en Plein Air en Provence
Welcome International Art Magazine Subscribers
Claim your brushes!
Join our mailing list before time runs out to be entered to win a set of Rosemary Brushes
Sign Up to Win Rosemary Brushes.
Do you have a question for us? We’re happy to answer these.
Take a moment to ask us anything about travel or workshops for artists and art lovers: [email protected]
Some of our most commonly asked questions are…
—What’s included in the workshop?
—Can I travel with a non-painting partner?
—How good do I have to be to attend?
I was so happy to have been on the retreat in Provence. Such an inspiration!!
As an artist working mostly by myself in my studio, it gets a bit lonely and isolated… [The trip] was absolute bliss for me!
The sites, the aromas, the vivid colors, the atmosphere, I was filled with wonderful inspiration!! We also made some lovely friends,from the other side of the world! If you need inspiration, you feel lonely, this is the thing you need to do—go on a retreat, and recharge your batteries. Have a happy painting Holiday!
2023 Workshop Art Retreats: Uninstructed
Sept 13 - 21, 2023
April 23 – May 3, 2024
Imagine yourself experiencing the best of Paris with your incredible artists and experienced art guides followed by a painting retreat in a château for 7-days on a painting trip to engage with contemporary masters and learn from these artists: Quang Ho, Adrienne Stein, C.W. Mundy and Vanessa Rothe.
June 11 – 19, 2024
The oil painting workshop with Jane Hunt and Michele Usibelli is located east of Avignon in Provence. It is an extraordinary opportunity to paint with these master plein air painters. You'll spend 9 days learning from Jane and Michele as they demo, explain their techniques, and provide assistance and critiques.
July 16 - 23, 2024
Rose Frantzen returns to teach with Workshops in France after her previous workshop in southern France. Now she joins us in Scotland to share her insight into the figure and portraits and paint some of the most iconic sights and locations in the world.
May 6—11, 2024
May 14 - 22, 2024
Aug 31—Sept 8, 2024
All prices are in USD
Quang Ho Online Workshop.
Recordings are now available from this Workshop
Watch these recordings for 6 months from purchase date.
Enjoy 6 months of recording access from the purchase date.
This is a unique opportunity to learn from Quang by looking over his shoulder and watching him paint while he shares his vision and the process of creating a masterful painting. Watch demos, an art talk with Quang, painting assignments, paint-alongs, Q and A sessions and learn from his critiques of participant work.
- 9 days of artistic immersion in France, Italy or Scotland.
- All-Inclusive: Delicious food, wine, accommodation and ground transportation. Offsite lunches and a group dinner outing will be at your own expense. Airfare and train fare not included.
- Paint, sketch and enjoy the good life in beautiful European surroundings.
- France: Daily painting locations: Private vineyards with wine tasting, Van Gogh’s footsteps, charming hilltop villages and markets. Depending on season and location be prepared to see fields of vermilion poppies or the azur Mediterranean or a sea of lavender…
- Italy: Tuscan villages, local vineyards, Florence, San Gimignano, Uffizi Gallery and the Accademia Gallery. Locally prepared Italian meals and wine sourced from the farm where we stay in Tuscany.
- Scotland: Daily painting locations in the Kingdom of Fife and coastal villages of Scotland, majestic lochs, mountain views, castles and museums. Cultural tour of Edinburgh and Glasgow.
- Balanced itinerary of painting, exploring and relaxation for artists of all media – all levels!
- Either instruction from our master artists or mentoring available on our uninstructed workshops.
- Learn, live and paint side-by-side with fellow artists.
- Plenty to do for non-painting partners!