September 15 – 24, 2019
Daniel Gerhartz Masterclass Workshop and Retreat in Provence
Château Near Avignon, September 15 – 24, 2019
We invite you to join us for a rare opportunity and spend 10 days in a historic Provençal Château with Master Painter, Daniel Gerhartz.
This unique experience includes a 3-day intensive masterclass painting workshop at the château, taught by Daniel Gerhartz, painting models, floral arrangements, and our surroundings on the estate. This is followed by a full-immersion art retreat in Provence. After the masterclass you venture forth with the group to paint in the most beautiful villages, vineyards and historic sites in Provence. Evenings are spent en Château for ongoing painting demonstrations, discussions and art related activities with the instructor and your fellow attendees. Daniel has a well-deserved following of devoted students because of his extraordinary ability to impart his vision and teach painting in an insightful and accessible manner.
This workshop and retreat blends a fantastic program of learning with Daniel while immersing ourselves fully in château life and then, practice what you learned in the masterclass at daily painting locations surrounded by the beauty of Provence. We are following a tradition of artists who traveled to France to live side-by-side and learn from the best.
Other activities include visiting Les Baux, Gordes, Rousillon and St. Remy to walk in Van Gogh’s footsteps and paint where he painted, wine tasting, exploring the vineyard, seeing some of the most breath-taking villages of Southern France and enjoying retail therapy at the greatest Provençal antique and outdoor market.
Daniel Gerhartz: The Continuum of Beauty
Daniel’s evocative and masterful paintings can be described as nothing less than pure poetry.
For the past 25 years, he has been featured in solo and group shows across the country and has won many awards at prominent national invitational exhibitions. Most recently his work is being exhibited in a mid-career major retrospective, “The Continuum of Beauty” at the Museum of Wisconsin Art.
The Museum describes the artist as “Classically trained at the American Academy of Art in Chicago, Gerhartz possesses effortless technical facility for painting and a deep, abiding kinship to the traditional artists he first discovered two decades ago in the galleries of the Art Institute of Chicago: John Singer Sargent (1856–1925), Joaquín Sorolla (1863–1923), and Anders Zorn (1860–1920). These artists provided inspiration for Gerhartz in their understanding of the human form, use of brilliant color, vigorous brushwork, and light as both illumination and emotional element. Above all, each excelled at conveying concepts of classical female beauty.”
The museum continues to say Daniel “practices a form of Realism that traces its origins to the great figurative and portrait painters of the late nineteenth century.”
This is the perfect time to join him in Provence at our Masterclass workshop and retreat.
This workshop has a limited number of spaces available
This Workshop Includes:
- 3-day intensive masterclass.
- 10 days of artistic immersion.
- Ongoing demos, discussions and evenings with the instructor.
- All Inclusive: Tuition, fine food, wine, château accommodation and ground transportation. We eat out an own expense – one/two lunches and one dinner are scheduled. Airfare not included.
- Paint, sketch and enjoy the good life in beautiful Provençal surroundings.
- Daily painting locations: Private vineyards, charming villages and markets (more painting and excursion locations varied upon weather).
- Balanced itinerary of painting, exploring and relaxation for artists of all media – all levels!
- Travel, live, learn and paint side-by-side with Daniel and fellow artists.
- Plenty to do for non-painting partners! A limited number of non-painting partners accepted. Discount available for non-painting companions
September 15 -24, 2019
Daniel Gerhartz masterclass workshop and retreat at our château location near Avignon, France. Limited number of guests.
Reserve your spot below!