September in Provence
Aix-en-Provence Sep 13 – 22, 2022
10 Day Château Retreat for Artists near St Rémy de Provence
September 13 – 22 , 2022 ~ Encore Provence.
The September retreat is as ideal as it gets. The opportunity to paint with other artists and spend 10 idyllic days in the South of France, comes at a time when tourists have left the area and we can venture forth and paint the region as we find it. All the while, we are surrounded by the natural beauty and bounty of Provence.
We carefully selected our moulin estate for this retreat, located between the Avignon and St. Rémy de Provence.
Dinners, transportation and accommodations are included. You will visit Les Baux and St Remy. the estate lies on the outskirts of a wonderful small town that is unique in character and yet typically delightful to paint and explore the inner citadel behind the ancient wall that surrounds it. This area is adjacent to the region where Vincent Van Gogh lived and worked. We visit where he lived. We see what he saw. We paint where he painted. This is the area where he created so many of his most loved paintings and it is an unforgettable stop on our itinerary.
September is the grape harvest (Le Vendange) and we will explore private vineyards, with special permission to paint there.
Every day has a unique destination to sketch and paint – while also taking time to stop, explore and meet the locals. Your itinerary includes visits to local markets, vineyards and breathtaking hilltop villages. All locations have access to our vehicles, materials and cafes. Bring your camera, because you will be truly inspired by the surroundings and want to snap references to paint later.
After dining at the château we take up various painting-related topics for discussion and demos. Although the workshop is not instructed – painting side-by-side with fellow artists provides growth, new skills, and new friendships. Wonderful guests from across the world have joined this workshop, including painters, photographers, writers, and sculptors.
Price (when paid in full) is based on double occupancy. Single rooms are available. Airfare not included. Discounts available for spouses or partners (painting or non-painting). A $700 deposit is required to hold your space.
Reserve Your Spot
This Workshop Includes:
- 10 days of artistic immersion.
- All Inclusive: Fine food, wine, accommodation and ground transportation with one lunch and one dinner at your own expense.
- Paint, sketch and enjoy the good life in beautiful European surroundings.
- Daily painting locations: Private vineyards with wine tasting, fishing ports and seaside villages on the Mediterranean, charming villages, markets and poppy-filled views.
- Balanced itinerary of painting, exploring and relaxation for artists of all media – all skill levels!
- Learn, live and paint side-by-side with artists.
- Uninstructed workshop. Mentoring available.
- Plenty to do for non-painting partners!
Reserve Your Spot
September 13 – 22, 2022