The color - the fragrance - the views - Provence in Lavender Season
Lavender Season Provence
Dreams do come true - I'm painting in Provence
10 Day Château Retreat for Artists near Aix-en-Provence
June 9 – 18, 2021
Our June retreat is located between the Luberon mountains and the Mediterranean. It is a wonderful opportunity to paint with other artists and spend 10 idyllic days in the South of France. All while surrounded in the natural beauty and bounty of Provence in Lavender Season.
We carefully selected this location on a beautiful château estate only 50 minutes from the Mediterranean, but completely secluded in the calm countryside just North of Aix en Provence. (images here). Dinners, transportation and accommodations are included.
Aix is a university town with a thriving cultural center. Here we will visit Cézanne’s studio, left just as it was when he painted there. June is lavender season! You will paint fields awash in lavender. We also go to the port town of Cassis where traditional fishing boats make for a great study of the old port. Of course, we make time to explore vineyards and even have special permission to paint there. We paint at the most beautiful villages in Provence. A couple featured in the movie, A Good Year, with Russell Crowe and Marion Cotillard (based on the Peter Mayle book).
Your itinerary includes markets, vineyards and visits to breathtaking hilltop villages. We’ve chosen locations where we have access to our vehicles, materials and cafés. Bring your camera because you will be truly inspired by your surroundings and want to snap references to paint later.
After dining together in the great room, we take up various painting related topics for discussion and demos. Although the workshop is not instructed, when painting side-by-side with other artists, you’ll leave the retreat with stronger skills and lifelong connections. Wonderful guests from across the world have joined us for Workshops in France, including painters, photographers, writers, and a sculptor. Hear what they had to say about their experience.
Price $4100, based on double-occupancy. Single rooms are available. Airfare not included. Discounts available for spouses or partners (painting or non-painting.) $500 Deposit required to hold your space. Balance due January 30, 2021.
Have questions about Workshops in France? We have answers on our Frequently Asked Questions.
This Workshop Includes:
- 10 days of artistic immersion.
- All Inclusive: Fine food, wine, accommodation and ground transportation with one lunch and one dinner at your own expense.
- Airport pickup and dropoff.
- Paint, sketch and enjoy the good life in beautiful European surroundings.
- Daily painting locations: Private vineyards with wine tasting, fishing ports and seaside villages on the Mediterranean, charming villages, markets and lavender-filled views.
- Balanced itinerary of painting, exploring and relaxation for artists of all media – all skill levels!
- Learn, live and paint side-by-side with artists.
- Uninstructed workshop. Mentoring Available.
- Bring a friend! Discounts for spouse/partner/friends.
- Plenty to do for non-painting partners!