Long Summer Evenings for
Plein Air Painting
Hills, Lochs, Fishing Ports
Incredible painting locations
Does it get any more romantic?
Majestic Scotland Art Retreat
July 6 – 12, 2024
About this Art Retreat
This is a premier Art Retreat taking place at the gateway to the Highlands of Scotland where artists will have a rare opportunity to paint in the pristine and beautiful Scottish landscape. The area is steeped in history, tradition and legend and was chosen for its exceptional views and inspiring setting. takes place in and around the magnificent manor estate, where you will be painting both models and the natural world on the extensive grounds. Expect to become fully immersed in Scottish life and the surrounding countryside. Scotland boasts pristine waters and a fertile landscape that remains under the watchful stewardship of local farmers, landowners and the National Trust, to ensure that the land is cared for and remains unspoiled.
Be prepared for a sensual feast that encompasses stunning color, flora, and fauna while you connect with the countryside and Scotland’s heritage. It is perfect for someone who is looking for a high-end art retreat getaway in an extraordinary Scottish mansion with over 10,000 acres of pristine lands located in magnificent countryside.
This is a rare and unique art retreat. Daily painting locations abound and the artists can expect to paint the coastal town of Arbroath, Glamis Castle where Princess Margaret was born, lochs, hills and glens, a whisky distillery for tasting, and of course, the village pub! The camaraderie of working alongside other artists with shared interests is undeniably rewarding. Expect to make lifelong connections and new friendships.
On a typical day as the evening draws to a close, the artists gather over drinks to discuss the day’s magnificent painting location and their artwork. Meanwhile, the long summer days provide prolonged light late into the evening. We often remark on the excellent stewardship in Scotland and how well the lands and the wildlife have been preserved. The beauty of Scotland lies in its splendid landscapes and abundant wildlife. The area was chosen for its breathtaking views and inspiring setting.
Your accommodations are very comfortable and guests can expect to be well taken care of during their stay. After dining on the finest foods prepared by our in-house chef each night, we take up various painting-related topics for discussion and demos. Although the workshop is not instructed, painting side-by-side with fellow artists provides growth, new skills and lifelong friendships. We routinely welcome guests from around the world who have joined our workshops including painters, photographers, writers and sculptors.
Price is based on double occupancy. Airfare is not included. Discounts are available for friends traveling together, spouses/partners (painting and non-painting).
Glamis Castle, where Princess Margaret was born, is one of our favorite destinations on this trip.
This Workshop Includes:
- 7 days of artistic immersion.
- Pick-up and drop-off from Aberdeen Airport, Aberdeen Train Station and Arbroath Train Station.
- Champagne reception.
- Paint, sketch and enjoy the good life in beautiful Scotland.
- Daily painting locations: Private estate. Glamis Castle. Charming villages, magnificent views.
- Whisky tasting and distillery tour.
- Balanced itinerary of painting, exploring and relaxation for artists of all media – all skill levels!
- Paint side-by-side with artists.
- Uninstructed workshop with available mentoring.
- Plenty to do for non-painting partners!
- All ground transportation.
- Entrance fees into any sites we visit.
- All-Inclusive: All food, wine and beverages every day at the estate with one or two group meals out at your own expense.
- Fine accommodation and ground transportation
Reserve Your Spot for 2023 Now!