Premium retreats and workshops
Created for artists by artists
We are your guides to a distraction-free experience
Balanced itinerary of painting, exploring and relaxation
The Heart of Scotland
Long daylight hours for painting during the Summer Solstice
Models show up for painting sessions
Make new friends - local and international
Paint, sketch and enjoy the good life
10 Day Château Retreat for Artists near Aix-en-Provence
September 16 - 25, 2018 ~ Glorious Provence.
We carefully selected the chateau estate for this retreat, located between the Luberon mountains and the Mediterranean.
Dinners, transportation and accommodations are included. You will visit Aix-en-Provence, paint and explore parts of this remarkable town that was the Roman capital of the area. Now a culturally thriving university town, it is here that Cézanne lived and worked. His studio is just as he left it when he was painting and is a stop on our itinerary.
September is the grape harvest (Le Vendange) and we will explore private vineyards, with special permission to paint there. One was featured in the movie, A Good Year, starring Russell Crowe and Marion Cotillard (based on the Peter Mayle book, A Year in Provence).
Every day has a unique destination to sketch and paint - while also taking time to stop, explore and meet the locals. Your itinerary includes visits to local markets, vineyards and breathtaking hilltop villages. All locations have access to our vehicles, materials and cafes. Bring your camera, because you will be truly inspired by the surroundings and want to snap references to paint later.
After dining at the château we take up various painting related topics for discussion and demos. Although the workshop is not instructed - painting side-by-side with fellow artists provices growth, new skills and new friendships. Wonderful guests from across the world have joined this workshop, including painters, photographers, writers and sculptors.
Price (when paid in full) is based on double-occupancy. Single rooms are available. Airfare not included. Discounts available for spouses or partners (painting or non-painting). A $500 deposit is required to hold your space.
This Workshop Includes:
- 10 days of artistic immersion.
- All Inclusive: Fine food, wine, accommodation and ground transportation with one lunch and one dinner at your own expense.
- Paint, sketch and enjoy the good life in beautiful European surroundings.
- Daily painting locations: Private vineyards with wine tasting, fishing ports and seaside villages on the Mediterranean, charming villages, markets and poppy-filled views.
- Balanced itinerary of painting, exploring and relaxation for artists of all media – all skill levels!
- Learn, live and paint side-by-side with artists.
- Uninstructed workshop. Mentoring available.
- Plenty to do for non-painting partners!